Information we may collect
The information you provide to us: In order to use most aspects of the site, you are not required to provide any information about yourself. However, we may ask or require you to provide certain information, such as your name, address, and e-mail address, if you choose to request information, contribute content to the site, or make a donation. We also may collect information from you (either on the site or offline) about your volunteer activities for the use in publishing schedules and plans. We may ask for this information so that we can respond to inquiries or communications from you or for other purposes.
Information that is collected automatically: Our services may collect some information automatically about your device. For example, the site may collect your Internet Protocol or “IP” address, information on which web browser software you are using, mobile device identifiers, and the web site that referred you to our site. It also may collect information about your activity on the site, such as which pages you choose to view. This information helps us to make the site more useful for you and our other visitors.
Social Networks: If you choose to access or use social-networking services (such as Facebook. Twitter, or Instagram), we may receive personal information about you that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. If you choose to use social-networking services, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information those services may make available to us by visiting those services’ privacy policies. Any personal information we receive through social-networking services will be governed by this policy.
Printed and Non-Web Publications: Information provided for certain Saint Matthew publications and communications media, including the weekly bulletin and other communications that are distributed in paper form at Mass and other types of communications, may be posted on our website. When you provide personal information to be included in our bulletin or other publications (as contact information for activities or programs, for example), that information also may be accessible on this site.
How we use the information we collect
Information Collection: We may use the information we collect about you in connection with the site for several reasons, including:
- providing you with the information or services you request;
- responding to your questions and comments;
- communicating your identity and views publicly, when you provide information about yourself in connection with a public communication;
- soliciting information and feedback from you, including through surveys and questionnaires, and for other editorial purposes;
- performing analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of the site and other communications media and services we offer
Online Donations: Our site also permits you to make online donations. When you make online donations, your information is kept confidential and can only be used by us to contact you to respond to questions or to notify you of any issues pertaining to your donation.
Information Privacy: We generally will not share the information that we collect about you with third parties. However, we may share this information with third parties in these limited circumstances:
- to respond to a question, inquiry, or RSVP received from you or to provide you with information that you request;
- with our authorized service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host or operate the site or our other services, to operate our online donation features, to manage our databases, and to conduct analyses of site usage);
- in aggregated, anonymized or another non-personally identifiable form to third parties for various purposes, including to improve the quality of our services, the site, and the services we offer; and
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
One of the third parties that provides services on our site is Google Inc. Like many websites, we use Google Analytics, a service that provides information about how many users visit our site, when they visit, and how they navigate the site once they are here. Google offers a browser add- on that enables users to opt-out of having data about their visits reported to websites by Google Analytics.
Information Disclosure: Our services may contain interactive areas where users might submit comments or other content (including information about the user that might be displayed in the user’s public profile within an online community) that may be posted on a service or otherwise published. If you use these features, please be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information (such as name, e- mail address, and the like) in content submitted for posting or publication, the information can be read and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. Please take care when submitting content to any online services, including ours.
You can access and update the personal information you have provided to us by contacting us at the address listed below. You may also contact us with any questions or concerns.
Saint Matthew Catholic Church & School
535 & 533 Sneed Road West
Franklin, TN 37069
Church: 615-646-0378; School: 615-662-4044